Categories of Membership
There shall be seven categories of membership:
- Professional Member – A person residing in Malaysia, who holds a recognized professional qualification.
- Corresponding Professional Member – A person not residing in Malaysia or a Malaysian citizen resident abroad for a period in excess of one year, who holds a recognized professional qualification.
- Life Member – A person who has been a Professional Member for not less than five consecutive years and having paid up the current subscription, has compounded by one payment all his future subscriptions.
- Student Member – A person pursuing the profession in this field or related fields at an institution of higher learning.
- Honorary Life Member – A person who in the opinion of the Council has rendered distinguished service in promoting librarianship.
- Institutional Member – Any library or library associations interested in the objectives of the PPM.
- Affiliate Member
(i) Individual – A person interested in the objectives of the PPM who does not hold a recognized professional qualification.
(ii) Institutions – Any institutions other than stipulated in Clause VII.1 (f) interested in the objectives of the PPM.
Admission of Members
(a) (i) Professional, Student and Affiliate (Individual) Member – Any person who is eligible under VII.1.(a), (d) or (g)(i) may apply to Council for membership using prescribed forms and duly sponsored by one Professional or Life Member.
Corresponding Professional Member – Any person who is eligible under VII.(1)(b) may apply to Council for membership or change of status of membership using the prescribed forms.
Institutional Member – Any library, library associations or other institution which is eligible under Clause VII.1. (f) or (g)(ii) may apply to Council for membership using the prescribed forms.
No application shall be entertained unless accompanied by the prescribed fee.
- Any person who ever register with PPM is under recognition and patronage by The Registry of Societies (RoS), The Human Rights Commission, and International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA – an official partner of United Nations bodies e.g. UNESCO and International Labour Office (ILO))
- First time membership card is given for free, but on the second time will be charge RM10 if the card was lost or stolen.
Online Registration Guide
- Download “Membership Registration Form” [for new members] or “Membership Renewal Form” [for registered members].
- The completed fill up details of membership form must email to the email@example.com
- Follow the instructions provided by the executive officer in order to pay the fees via online banking.
- Waiting for approval as membership of Persatuan Pustakawan Malaysia within 3 months.
- Acceptance notification will be send via email. Please set PPM email as receiver out of junk email.